AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Time Warner Cable Box, Blu Ray Player, and Wii all connected to my Denon 791 receiver. The cable box and blu-ray are hooked up with HDMI cables, and the Wii with a component. One HDMI goes from the AVR to the TV.

Everything works fine, except that on some cable channels, the audio cuts in and out. I looked this problem up on the forum, and read that it might be an issue with the HDMI cable.

I have had this problem with the 3 cable boxes I've had in the last year - all using the same set up. I've tried setting the cable box to "HDMI," "Dolby Digital" and "Other" The channels I have this problem with are working fine for the next door neighbor.

I ordered an optical cable from monoprice, and while waiting, I hooked up the cable box to the AVR with an analog cable. I changed the cable box audio to "Other" and the AVR input to "analog" and the sound problem was fixed. But the AVR put out audio as "Stereo"

When I got the optical cable, I hooked that up, and changed the cable box to "Dolby Digital". I set the AVR input under CAB/SAT as "O1", and input mode as "Digital" with decode "Auto" - But I had the same problem I had with the HDMI cable. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, this did not work. The HDMI from cable is going to the TV, and the optical is going to the AVR. But I am having the same exact problem, and I don't have this problem with the analog cable.

Are there any other solutions? Otherwise, I will keep everything connected to the AVR and use the analog audio.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have an HD box. I'm sort of curious as to why this is happening. It just seems like a strange problem.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol. i'll stick with the analog for now I guess. i can always change the input mode to HDMI through the receiver if I need it.

thanks for taking the time to help me out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts