AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard Sony 2100 had problems but hear the 988 from denon is good as the 888 but I guess it depends? Have an old Yamaha stereo receiver have never owned an A/V receiver so would like to get a good one with good features so I do not need to upgrade. Also do not need multiroom. But do want a good upscale receiver to play music as well. There are so many different ones out there. What features are the most important to have??

Have sony HDTV 55 inch

Cd player

DVd player sony upscaler

Plain VHS panasonic

·
Registered
781 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDJ51 /forum/post/12895329

Heard Sony 2100 had problems but hear the 988 from denon is good as the 888 but I guess it depends? Have an old Yamaha stereo receiver have never owned an A/V receiver so would like to get a good one with good features so I do not need to upgrade. Also do not need multiroom. But do want a good upscale receiver to play music as well. There are so many different ones out there. What features are the most important to have??

Have sony HDTV 55 inch

Cd player

DVd player sony upscaler

Plain VHS panasonic

denon 988 hands down, i use mine for the exact same thing you stated, it upscales analog to 1080p, to where you can notice, and it restores your music to make it sound great....thats just my opinion

1 - 2 of 2 Posts