AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to spend a bit more and now am torn between these two.

There was a previous thread about this but nobody replied.

Has anyone compared these at all?

From what I gather

Denon may sound better with music, has multieq xt (big selling point for me), better video processing (dont need it but nice to have, atb does well on strange cadences).

Onkyo maybe a bit more powerful, also thx2 certified (dont know how important that is).

Im slightly leaning toward denon but would love some input.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the love of god, I know someone has probably a good understanding of these two receivers and/or compared them but simply does not want to post.

Please anyone. 3 other threads with this comparison went without responses. And considering the popularity of these two models, people had to have compared them.

·
Premium Member
93,214 Posts
Perhaps it's because you're using the wrong Denon model .... 99% of folks coming to AVS forum looking at the Denon 991 or 3311 in the end will purchase the 3311 because although identical audio fidelity wise and a higher MSRP, the 3311 has a few more features and in most cases can be purchased for less than the 991 from some of Denon's authorized vendors (eg. Electronics Expo, 6Ave, J&R) as they don't usually sell the 3 digit model AVRs (usually only found in B&M stores like Best Buy).

The 3311/991 has the more advanced version of Audyssey MultEQ XT than the 808 (MultEQ), although the 808 may have more features (don't know) as that is usually the case ... buy Denon for audio fidelity and Onkyo for features whichever is more important to you.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. Denon 3311 owners chime in as well please!

The reason im choosing a 991 is their is a new one from an authorized denon dealer for 699. 400 cheaper then I found a 3311 for.

I also dont have external amps or listen to hd radio. At least not at the moment anyway.

·
Registered
569 Posts
How does the Denon 991/3311 stack up against Integra DTR 40.2/50.2?

I am kind of torn between these two lines of products.

I have never used a Denon receiver before.

Does the Denon have an auto surround function like Onkyo's Theater Surround?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts