AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,570 Posts
There is a huge price difference between the two so it would be more of a personal opinion for which one you like. Is there a feature set on either unit that you do like/dislike?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking for a pre-pro that handles all the latest Blu-Ray audio stuff -- I believe both of them do this.

I need a pre-pro that will go in a home theater and will handle theater duties -- music is a distant, distant second -- I have another room for music listening.

I need a pre-pro that will pass the video signals to my projector intact digitally so the projector can do the Video Processing.

They seem to be very similar machines from the outside looking in -- I'm wondering if anyone has compared them and how they are

different.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I currently own the A1HD and could not be happier. I owned the Integra before the Denon for five months and have nothing bad to say about it.

For me the Denon has more features that I like and I think it does alot better on Redbook cds. If you are using this for movies only I think you have a tough choice. I think with the new audio formats on Blu-ray movies the differences between the two become less apparent.

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
I own the denon avp and couldnt be happier. I'd say both would make sensational av pre-pros. with the effort in engineering in the avp in the analog inputs/outputs and power supplies etc plus friends finding it comparable to a $4k dedicated 2ch pre, I'd hazzard a guess and say it might have the edge on analog 2ch. the denon also has denon link capabilit which would be handy if wanting to use wiht denon players with the jitter free connection and capability.

that said if its jsut ht av pre-pro your chasing the integra is a lot cheaper and there is a integra 9.9 due too, so might be worth perhaps waiting till that comes to see what its like

·
Banned
2,570 Posts

Quote:
the denon also has denon link capabilit which would be handy if wanting to use wiht denon players with the jitter free connection and capability.

You mean the $500 denon link cable, no just kidding. Jitter now days it just an advertising point used to sell snake oil.

Quote:
Is there any difference in how these two pieces process audio for home theater/video?

No.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougWinsor /forum/post/14190464

You mean the $500 denon link cable, no just kidding. Jitter now days it just an advertising point used to sell snake oil.

Jitter or not, if you have certain Denon players you can get better bass management and Audessy support if you have Denon link on your prepro.

·
Banned
2,570 Posts

Quote:
Jitter or not, if you have certain Denon players you can get better bass management and Audessy support if you have Denon link on your prepro.

Better? I would not want the source doing anything and why would you want bass managment being applied twice?

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any difference due to the Reon chip in the Integra versus the Realta is the Denon?

No audible or visible difference in sound or video quality?

·
Registered
38 Posts
It seems that the Denon's main advantage is superior connectivity. It may be a better analogue pre-amp, but since music's not that important to you, it doesn't really matter. I personally am completely happy with the 9.8, and it's about 5k less than the Denon.

·
Registered
750 Posts
If you're completely bypassing the pre-pro for video processing, it seems like a waste to pay (a lot) extra for the Realta etc. in the A1. If you can wait for the 9.9, you'll most likely get Audyssey Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume too, which is one thing the A1 has over the 9.8 on the sound side right now.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
True, I 'm just trying to think ahead in case there might be a case where I'd want the pre-pro to do the processing on a particular source for whatever reason. Just trying to be thorough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts