AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the new Denon 3800 - the picture is great, I mean really great. But when I hooked it up to my by way of progressive scan input on my Philips 34PW9815 there seems to be an over scan problem with the image. A 2.35:1 image isn't centered horizontally. Instead, it seems to be lower. When viewing a 4:3 dvd the picture is too large, over scanning and cutting off the bottom. I contacted Denon and they said there could be a compatibility problem with their player and my Philips TV. They said they’ve run into this problem with Sony, but the results are far worse. Has anyone else run into this? Is there anything that can fix the problem? For the very short time I’ve had the unit it is otherwise performing wonderfully, and yielding incredible results

·
Registered
498 Posts
I know it sounds weird, but run an s-video cord from your Denon to the Philips in addition to your componenet cable, and still watch via the component. When I was looking at the Philips a sales rep said that they can have syncing problems over component if you don't use a s-video or composite connection in addition to the component. He showed me what happens if you don't and he was right, maybe this will help you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.