AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Denon AVR-4802 for several months now and am still in the process in getting my surround speakers all configured correctly. While running a test tone from my SACD player I realized that the subwoofer output is about 20db lower than the other channels. At first I thought it was my SACD player so I connected my subwoofer directly to the players. With this setup I got a really loud strong base output so the subwoofer and player are both working correctly. When I turned on the Denon test signal I also got a good strong SW output. However, going through the Ext In jacks the signal seems to be getting cut.

Has anyone else run into the situation? I have checked and cannot find any other adjustments which control the Ext In signal. I tried adjusting the audio level for the SW channel but even after increasing it to the maximum 12db, it is still lower than the direct connection to my SACD player.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
You can adjust the frequency that is feed to it. This might explain the difference. Try adjusting the cutoff frequency. I may be wrong but I think it comes programmed for 80Hz

Reggie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.