AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Denon 1513 for my basement system..

I want to add an external amp for my main towers, but I don't see any sort of audio out. Everything on the back is IN or speaker terminals..

Is there something I can buy to give me an audio out?

EDIT: I need a pre-amp, is there a small pre-amp out there?

I have 2 Xbox's and an auxiliary input I'd like to have..

EDIT2: I'm an idiot..

Found a good reciever, Yamaha RX-V375, with an RCA out..

There is a Denon 1513 for sale now..

·
Banned
16,231 Posts
The RX-V375 doesn't have pre-outs except for a subwoofer pre-out. Keep looking (usually preouts come higher up the ladder in avrs these days). Why do you need an external amp in the first place? What are you trying to achieve and how much are you willing to spend?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friend has a PA system he is selling me.. with an XLS1000.. it has RCA inputs... So I figured I could use the "Audio Out" on the 375 to run to the Crown.. Can I not do that?

·
Banned
16,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie  /t/1524798/denon-audio-out#post_24543647

In the Denon lineup, the 3313CI and X4000 are the lowest models with main zone pre-outs while in the Yamaha lineup it would be the V-775. You may want to consider either the Marantz 1504 or 1604 both of which of FL/FR pre-out connections.

My apologies, I looked at the preout listing for the avr and it indicated preout for subwoofer only, I do see under the heading input/output on the same spec sheet that it has a pair of analog jacks alright. A glance at page 9 of the manual shows output mentioning for recording purposes and refers you to page 25 and is also mentioned on page 17. I wonder if it's adjustable with the volume knob or if its a fixed level output without adjustment....

·
Registered
12,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronoman  /t/1524798/denon-audio-out#post_24543449

I have a Denon 1513 for my basement system..

I want to add an external amp for my main towers, but I don't see any sort of audio out. Everything on the back is IN or speaker terminals..

Is there something I can buy to give me an audio out?

EDIT: I need a pre-amp, is there a small pre-amp out there?

I have 2 Xbox's and an auxiliary input I'd like to have..

EDIT2: I'm an idiot..

Found a good reciever, Yamaha RX-V375, with an RCA out..

There is a Denon 1513 for sale now..

There is available, low-level adapters that may work for U...

They are used frequently in car audio applications..

Here is a link to e-bay who carry a variety of these..

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/rca-line-out-converter

However...

I would caution about their compatibility with the Denon 1513, it should work fine but keep the volume level of the 1513 as low as possible since it is a budget, entry-level AVR..

Just my $0.05... 👍😉

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car audio is my thing.. I have a few different kind of LOCs!! Thanks for the idea.. I'll have to try that out!!! Hopefully then my PA amp will scale with the receiver!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts