AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thank you in advance for your assistance..

As mentioned in the title, i have a Denon 1804. I have outdoor speakers that i cannot get to function at all. NOW, i DID have these working a few months ago, but recently removed the wiring for my system to have a wall unit built.

After putting it back together... the indoor speakers work fine... the outdoor speakers will not go on...

I have always had issues with getting the outdoor speakers on, meaning I had to push a bunch of different buttons to make them work. For some reason after about 15mins of trying different combinations, it would always function, now, it wont work. I have the outdoor speakers connected to surround back as noted. Can someone let me know what i am doing wrong? Also, can they go into "speaker impedance"?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
88,980 Posts
You'll notice that the speaker posts are labeled Surround Back/Zone 2, which means if you are using them as Zone 2, the Power Amp Assignment setting must be changed from "Surround Back" to "Zone 2." (p. 28 Owner's manual). You must then turn on Zone 2 and then select the source you want to pass to Zone 2 which must be connected to the 1804 with an analog audio cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You'll notice that the speaker posts are labeled Surround Back/Zone 2, which means if you are using them as Zone 2, the Power Amp Assignment setting must be changed from "Surround Back" to "Zone 2." (p. 28 Owner's manual). You mus then turn on Zone 2 and then select the source you want to pass to Zone 2 which must be connected to the 1804 with an analog audio cable.
Thank you for your reply. However, i did not use Analog cable before. the same speaker wire in fact.. it worked before... Do you have any other ideas on how i can get the outdoor speakers to play without and others being played? I appreciate your help.

·
Premium Member
88,980 Posts
Thank you for your reply. However, i did not use Analog cable before. the same speaker wire in fact.. it worked before... Do you have any other ideas on how i can get the outdoor speakers to play without and others being played? I appreciate your help.
The analog cable is connected from the source to the 1804. The speaker wire is connected from the 1804 to the speakers. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts