AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I have a question, my wife bought me this for a xmas gift, I was very happy to open this gift up, I wanted the model below it but she wanted the usb port to play our mp3 players. Well I have followed the very poorly written instructions in the manual on how to use your mp3 player with the usb, I am sorry but I put it on aux/net and all I get is a network error, I do not have this network audio option where you choose your 1. Favorites 2. internet radio 3. USB. All I get is Network error, I do not have this on the network yet because I really am not into drilling holes in a house we just had built for us last year, hard to start putting holes in a house that cost so much. But it looks like to even get a creative labs 8 gig mp3 player to work you have to have the network drop in. The directions on how this will work is just horible. I have tried and tried to get this mp3 player to work but I just get the same "network error". In the directions on page 50 it does not tell you anything. I put the amp on aux/net like it says and if I go deeper into the menu on the setup I get a Ipod,USB,internet. I have no Idea on how to get this creative labs 8 gig mp3 player to play music through this reciever. For what 30 more watts and usb port the price jumps from 1200 to 2000 what a deal for something that does not work. I know I am missing something here on how to get the mp3 player to work how exactly step by step can you get your usb mp3 player to work with this amp? And yes the songs I player are not protected. I must say though the sound that comes through my 7 B&W speakers(all in the wall and ceiling except the center channel) is very impressive. I would just like to get the mp3 player to work right. Any help on this?

Another question

can you run a wireless connection on this amp so it will detect your wireless router? and if you are running WEP 64 how can you get past this? there is no option to put in your key code to connect that I can see in the manual, all this network stuff is very poorly written.

Any help on these issues I would greatly appericate it,

thanks for reading

cobra

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'll try my USB port tonight. I've connected mine wired so it works w/internet and file server. The "official denon 4306" thread here is a great resource. I think that if you could configure a WAP (wireless access point) to DHCP thru/ from the base router, it could work. Good luck!

The "Official" Denon AVR-4306 Thread

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
See the thing is if you look in the manual it reads like you have to have a network connection to even get the USB port to work, which I do not. try to unplug your network connection and try it and see what happens.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
denon just called me and said get a thumb drive and try that, if this does not work I have a Bad USB port on the amp. The guy at denon even gave me his personal cell number to call him back. This is great. So off to get a thumb drive and do some testing tonight.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok since no one knows, the Denon 4306 is not comaptible with the Creative Zen 8 gig mp3 player, napster 512meg mp3 or the samsung 1 gig mp3 player, I got a thumb drive and put it in the USB slot and it worked perfect. they should really tell you what MP3 players are compatible with this model before you pay a extra $700 just for this feature on a amp. Denon is looking into this issue but not sure it will get resolved, they will stay in touch with me on the progress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.