AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who knows, is there any difference in schematic or hardware between European/US and Asian version of Denon AVC-A11SR?

Denon Asia tells about THX Ultra 2 certification and specifications are different, for example European/US model has 180W/6 Ohms vs. 230W/6 Ohms for Asian! The power rating for 8 Ohms is the same for both units (125 W).

http://denon.jp/asia/PRODUCTS/homepro/AVCA11SR.html

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi there,

Does anybody get new information about that ? :)

AVC-A11SR picture (Asian version) :
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/laurent.ball...thx_ultra2.jpg

There is the little "2" at the bottom right corner of THX ULTRA logo.

Actualy, acording to Denon Asia AVC-A11SR’s information page and in this AVC-A11SR’s information brochure , it is THX ULTRA 2 certified

According to this this thread, Asian ver of AVC-A11SR has THX ULTRA(2)! , there are stocks with AVC-A11SR THX Ultra 2.

Denon US / Denon Europe / Denon Germany / Denon UK don’t tell about the THX Ultra 2 version .

Thank you very much

Laurent

·
Registered
78 Posts
Those are identical, but only the Asian version has the new THX 2 software.

My guess is that Denon will shortly release an AVR 4803 version with this new software.

Of course it would be nice if the AVR 4802 owners would be offered a software upgrade, but i doubt it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ossi
Those are identical, but only the Asian version has the new THX 2 software.
But why the asian version only gets THX Ultra 2 certification ?? :confused:

thanks Ossi, :)

Laurent

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well, actually it has THX 2 for the same reason the customers of the AVR 5800 did not get a new front door with the new logos after the upgrade.

This is a question of BUSINESS.

You see, with the front door thing you could save some bucks, on the other hand there are some market where you loose some bucks when the latest in surround in not on board. And obviously it is much more profitable to change the model number from 4802 to 4803 and charge some extra bucks for old hardware with some new software, because one or the other 4802 owner might think that his life is ruined without THX 2 and run to his dealer to buy a new 4803.

Now the other possibility why Europe and US do not have THX 2 on the 4802 alias 11SR might also simply be that the Asian model came out later and they could only now integrate a newer software. There may even be some slight hardware changes, who knows?

So to be honest, I do not know. But I am pretty sure that in no time at all you will see apear either a replacement with THX 2 or Denon may even offer a software upgrade.

Anyhow, by now we know the game don't we? Any Home Theater gear is already outdated the day you buy it and a newer and better surround format enter the door. So why even bother?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.