AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to create a 1024p input for Direct TV so I do not have to keep going into the menu to set the 1024p switch when viewing a 1024p Film.

So I tried to use a empty DVR input assigning the HDMI connection to that Input so I could select an Input for Normat Direct TV Sat viewing, and an Input when I wanted to watch 1024p Direct TV Movies.

I was surprised when the AVP would not allow me to assign the HDMI connection to two inputs. It turned off one input when assigning to the other.

Why it is doing this?

How does one create two inputs for different video resolutions from the same connection?

Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. I looked at that and did see where Quick Select lets me change the video resolution.

At least in the Info Menu it does not show the Video information.

So I have the AVP setup to view 1024p, that is, with the video convert off, it will store that in a Quick Select.

And with Video Convert on you can store that in another Quick Select.

Is that right?

Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried Quick Select to store the video convert information and it does not do that.

So any ideas on how to create an input for 1024p, and one for auto?

·
Premium Member
90,431 Posts
It's actually either 1080p/24 or 1080p/60. With the "Resolution" set to "AUTO" what does the AVR pass when other than a 1080p/24 signal is received? And when a 1080p/24 signal is received? You can always just change the Resolution setting manually via the menu or store the set of keys required (ie. macro) to effect that change via a "System Call" button.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When Direct TV plays a 1024p source with the receiver set to AUTO it is viewed in 1080p/60. When you want to view a 1024p source from Direct TV or Bluray Turn Off Video Conversion or set the AVP to 1024p.

With Bluray it is easy because it has a separate HDMI can leave Video Conversion Off and use Direct.

The AVP H to H will not up convert to 1080p/24,

I tried to use the System Call features of the remote and it will not register the Video Select Menu, no way to get it into the Memory Stream.

I appreciate your help, but I guess the only way to do this is how I have been doing it. Either using the front panel to turn on 1024p, or the Menu to Turn Off conversion.

It seems to me this should be doable for such an High End AVP.

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts