AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Looking for advice on resolving this issue.

I'm not getting any sound, or very little sound, through my left front speaker.

When I send the test signal around my speakers, the left hand speaker sound comes out of the RIGHT speaker and when I get to the right speaker the sound correctly comes out of the right hand side speaker again.

As I thought the unit has a fault I send it in for repair but they could find no fault, all channels going to the correct speakers.

Just got it back today and I still have the same issue.

Little bit of additional info on my setup.

My hi fi and home cinema are combined, the hi fi makes up the front left and right speakers of the home cinema.

The stereo is playing perfectly without any issues so the amp driving the left front speaker is fine.

I have one two channel amp that drives these and an additional 5 channel amp that drives the center and 4 surround speakers.

The center and surround speakers are all working correctly.

My hi fi pre-amp has an a/v bypass option which I use and it connects to the Denon left and right front speaker inputs.

I've tried reversing the pre-amp's av bypass interconnects into the Denon AVP to see if all the sound would now appear on the left speaker. This did not happen, still no sound from left speaker and both left and right test tones are still coming out of the right hand front speaker.

All interconnects are balanced cables.

I've been through every AVP option without resolving the issue.

Any advice to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I thought I was posting a new topic in the Deon AVP thread but I see I have created a new thread.

(I'm new to the AVSFORUM so oops, sorry.)

·
Registered
7,063 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridd22  /t/1523490/denon-avp-no-sound-coming-from-left-front-speaker-or-very-little#post_24508034

Looking for advice on resolving this issue.

I'm not getting any sound, or very little sound, through my left front speaker.

When I send the test signal around my speakers, the left hand speaker sound comes out of the RIGHT speaker and when I get to the right speaker the sound correctly comes out of the right hand side speaker again.

As I thought the unit has a fault I send it in for repair but they could find no fault, all channels going to the correct speakers.

Just got it back today and I still have the same issue.

Little bit of additional info on my setup.

My hi fi and home cinema are combined, the hi fi makes up the front left and right speakers of the home cinema.

The stereo is playing perfectly without any issues so the amp driving the left front speaker is fine.

I have one two channel amp that drives these and an additional 5 channel amp that drives the center and 4 surround speakers.

The center and surround speakers are all working correctly.

My hi fi pre-amp has an a/v bypass option which I use and it connects to the Denon left and right front speaker inputs.

I've tried reversing the pre-amp's av bypass interconnects into the Denon AVP to see if all the sound would now appear on the left speaker. This did not happen, still no sound from left speaker and both left and right test tones are still coming out of the right hand front speaker.

All interconnects are balanced cables.

I've been through every AVP option without resolving the issue.

Any advice to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

1- How can all interconnects be balanced cables? The Denon does not have balanced inputs, does it?

2- Is the test signal generated by the receiver, or are you using an audio signal generator connected to one input at a time? You need to use a signal generator connected to one input at a time. If you do that, and the problem persists, then it is probable that the receiver is defective.

3- To prove for certain that the receiver is or is not the problem, disconnect the preamp and amplifiers and test the receiver BY ITSELF connected to 5 speakers. If it works properly that way, there is almost certainly a problem with your interconnects.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Denon AVP has balanced outputs, which is why I bought it as my amp has balanced inputs.

I was using the Denon's test tones where it outputs a test tone to each speaker.

I've been dealing with Denon tech support and my amp's tech support. By trying out different cabling options the problem has been located with my stereo pre-amp. It uses an av bypass option to allow my front speakers to be used as part of my home cinema system.

I've arranged for collection for my pre-amp to be shipped back to the manufactures for investigation and repair.

They don't understand how the pre-amp is doing this but hopefully when they get it on the bench they'll sort it out.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts