AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a used Denon avr-1082 (same as as avr-3802) to power a 5.1 surround system. I connected the receiver to the television to use the on screen display for setup. When pressing 'Setup' on the remote, I get the user interface to show on the tv screen. However, I can't figure out how to move the cursor! When I press the up/down & ff/rw buttons to move the cursor, it operates the tuner and changes channels. There has to be something I'm missing.

First time poster, long time lurker. Thanks in advance for any help!

Note: In the remote control screen, it shows 'Tuner'. In the instruction manual, it shows 'Amp' which I assume is the same thing. It's the only thing I can find that is different than the manual illustrations.

·
Registered
980 Posts
After browsing through the manual real quick it looks like you would first hit the "Receiver" button on the top/right of the remote (so the remote controls the receiver and not the CD player, etc.). It should say "Amp" in the remotes LCD display. Then hit the "Setup" button, then use the Up/Down and Left/Right buttons to control the curser. If this is what you have been doing then I'm at a loss.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Solution in case someone has the same issue in the future: the 'receiver' button has to be pushed multiple times to get to 'amp' function on the remote. From this function, the onscreen guide can be accessed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts