AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am looking to purchase the Denon AVR 1312 receiver, and I wanted to ask a quick question. I looked in the other threads and had not seen an answer, so I created this one.

I want to use the receiver as an amp for a video editing suite I`m building, and I am going to need to use the audio delay (lip sync) feature to sync the audio properly with the video on my LCD monitor, due to its latency.

Are you able to adjust the audio delay from an RCA input source WITHOUT having the Denon hooked up to a display? From the manual it looked like the audio delay interface was only usable on a separate display, not the Denon`s built in display.

And also, in what increments of milliseconds can you adjust the delay? 1ms at a time?

Thanks

·
Registered
28,739 Posts
I have a AVR 591 which is 1 step above your AVR-1312. I can adjust the audio delay from 0 - 200ms in increments of 1ms.

You don't need to connect the TV in order to do this, it shows up on the front panel. And it works on HDMI input, optical or RCA inputs.

I'd advise you to get the AVR-1612 unless you're trying to really save money. The Audyssey MultEQ room calibration makes a big difference.

The AVR 591 and 1612 have Audio Delay and Auto Lip Sync whcih are two different features. Auto Lip Sync works via HDMI sources and automatically syncs the source with the video. You can turn it on or off. Not sure if that matters to you or not since it doesn't sound iike your receiver will be connected to the display.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts