AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AVR-1513

Tivo Premiere

I'm getting a loud clicking sound in the speakers when I change channels on my Tivo (in Dolby Surround mode, connected by HDMI). Anyone else? The unit is a refurb.

BTW: My Onkyo seems to turn off the amps when switching channels and I get no clicks.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Reviving an old thread...I have the same problem with my Tivo HD and a Marantz 1606 (2015 model). When the Tivo switches audio modes (e.g. when pausing/stopping or changing channels), the Marantz sometimes makes a repeating clicking noise (tat-tat-tat-tat) in the right front speaker. It doesn't happen every time, just maybe 10% of the time. This is with bitstream audio over HDMI.

·
Premium Member
93,175 Posts
Reviving an old thread...I have the same problem with my Tivo HD and a Marantz 1606 (2015 model). When the Tivo switches audio modes (e.g. when pausing/stopping or changing channels), the Marantz sometimes makes a repeating clicking noise (tat-tat-tat-tat) in the right front speaker. It doesn't happen every time, just maybe 10% of the time. This is with bitstream audio over HDMI.
You sure the clicking is coming from the right front speaker ... or from the AVR itself? The AVR will make clicking noises as the amp's configuration is changed to accommodate the audio being received (ie. moving from a 2.0 signal (commercial) to 5.1 audio (TV show)). When a 2CH commercial is playing ... select MOVIE - Dolby Surround.

For more helpful information on your NR1606, follow the 2015 Marantz AVR Owner's thread linked below ...

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...0-av7702mkii-owner-s-thread.html#post34843657

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
You sure the clicking is coming from the right front speaker ... or from the AVR itself? The AVR will make clicking noises as the amp's configuration is changed to accommodate the audio being received (ie. moving from a 2.0 signal (commercial) to 5.1 audio (TV show)). When a 2CH commercial is playing ... select MOVIE - Dolby Surround.
Yes, from the speaker. The Marantz 1606 doesn't mechanically click in response to changing input. It only clicks when first turned on, and after changing certain settings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.