AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I turn on my 1611 if it even comes on, it will play the audio and video just fine for about 30 seconds then once something gets a little loud it kicks off. I have one ps3 hooked up via hdmi and then one hdmi out to a projector. Does anyone have the same problem or have any ideas as to whats wrong? Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help im a newb so dont think im coming off as a butthead here but shouldnt the avr kick off right away then or would it wait.

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
Check the speaker wires..

@ BOTH the AVR's rear panel and loudspeaker terminals..

Any little wire strand can short out and the AVR will shut down..

Check each closely, twist the strands titely and reinstall.

Just my $0.02...

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hello,

Given that it is powering up, it does seem possible that a Speaker Cable might have come loose. However, if all Connections are correct, it could be an issue with the Amplifier Stage. Hopefully, it is just a loose wire.

Cheers,

AD

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im gonna try undoing all the wires and refeeding different speaker cable. A better gauge I have some laying around.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay i tried one speaker at a time with thicker cable and still kicked off right at a louder volume part again. Boo urns best buy is selling 1611s for cheap supposedly. Im gonna have to go look. Im out of warranty. thanks

·
Registered
29,191 Posts
How could you be out of warranty? The Denon 1611 has a two year warranty and the receiver didn't become available until April 2010.

Quote:
Boo urns best buy is selling 1611s for cheap supposedly

what does "Boo urns" mean?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i bought on ebay used sadly.... does the warranty transfer to me?

Boo Urns is from an episode of the Simpsons. Sorry lol Im a nerd

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbklb /forum/post/20793476

i bought on ebay used sadly.... does the warranty transfer to me?

The ebay seller would have had to have purchased it from an authorized reseller and have provided you with the original receipt from the reseller. No harm in trying to get Denon to repair it, however, you're likely looking at that Best Buy clearance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts