AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been working on getting my dad's new AVR-1906 setup. No HD feeds yet, but I'm feeding S-Video from the DirecTv box and composite from the VCR into the 1906, and then taking the upconverted component output from the 1906 to a plasma display.

I was stunned by how poor the picture quality was with this setup. Totally inferior to just running S-Video directly into the plasma. Blocky, pixelated, jaggies everywhere. Yes, this is only SD, but why does it look so bad when switched/upconverted through the receiver?

·
Registered
28 Posts
i need some help and thought you all might be able to help me out.... i own the denon 1705... and just love it! but my question is... i want to use my tv as the center channel in my setup (as well as the center speaker which goes on top of the tv... the sony e50a10 i just bought has the hidden speakers on the bottom) anyway, how do you go audio out into the audio in on the tv and get it to work? i tried both the CDR and VCR audio out on the denon... and that doesn't work. No idea how i get that to work...????

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Chad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.