AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought an avr-1908 and the video from the dvd player (Best Buy Insignia NS-1UCDVD) flashes every second on my Olevia LT42-Hvi. Have a Directv HD-DVR also and no problem with that. Both are connected via hdmi. dvd/tv are hdcp compatible. Have tried switching cables around, etc with no change. connect dvd player directly to tv and it works fine. contacted denon - they say it is a handshake issue and to power up in certain order. no difference.

Before I return the unit, does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this issue?

TIA

Drew

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
Unplug all the components for 20 to 30min.

Bring up the display first and get it on the correct HDMI input, then power up the AVR and get it on the Insignia's HDMI input, then turn on the insignia.

If this does not fix at least temporarily, then I beleive the Insignia and it's current firmware does not properly support the HDMI repeater function which is still fairly common of any given HDMI device.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John -

Thanks for the input. Tried what you suggested and no difference. Tried talking to Best Buy about a firmware upgrade. That was a waste of time. Connected a BluRay dvd to test and it works fine. So, at least I know it's not the Denon that's the problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts