AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Longshot but figured I'd post the question here anyways... Denon AVR-1910 set up with two HDMI sources - FIOS and Panny Blu-Ray player. HDMI output of receiver to the Samsung LCD TV. HDMI passthrough enabled on the receiver, allows control of TV volume with FIOS remote (sort of). Hangs up about every 2-3 days leaving the volume display on the TV until power cycle. So I know there are some handshake issues with FIOS (Panny Blu-Ray works flawlessly). But otherwise FIOS works ok, the DVR buttons on the FIOS remote work properly, etc. Recently hooked up a PS3 (fat model) to the receiver HDMI input. All hell broke loose. DVR buttons on FIOS remote work sometimes, other times completely hung up. Even with the PS3 powered off. Fast forward actually rewinds. Really weird stuff, unpredictable. Unplug PS3 cable, all returns back to normal. What gives? Should I start by disabling HDMI passthrough on the receiver? Is it likely a receiver issue, or FIOS? Maybe I should switch to component video cables/optical audio for FIOS?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.