AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, i'm new to this forum. Been trying for hours to sort out an issue with my Denon AVR 1910.

I have everything plugged into it via HDMI and it works fine visual and audio. i.e. XBOX, XBOX ONE, Tivo Box and until recently PC Plugged in via DVI - HDMI and SPDIF COAX for the sound. this worked fine too. have 5:1 speaker setup

I rebuilt my PC and the motherboard now has HDMI on it and no spdif so thought this is great, less wires, so bought a new HDMI cable and connected it to the receiver.

problem lies here.

In stereo mode, music plays fine from PC to front two floor standers. but when I try to play in 5:1 it don't work. I go into windows 8 configuration and it recognizes the amp and when I test the speakers the center, rear 2 and sub make a noise but not the L/R speakers. Have no idea why this is not working. I tested it with the HDMI 1.4 cable and 1.3 and both have the same issue. Also tried testing it plugged into different HDMI inputs and this don't make a difference.

Please advise

·
Banned
3,567 Posts
Guys, i'm new to this forum. Been trying for hours to sort out an issue with my Denon AVR 1910.

I have everything plugged into it via HDMI and it works fine visual and audio. i.e. XBOX, XBOX ONE, Tivo Box and until recently PC Plugged in via DVI - HDMI and SPDIF COAX for the sound. this worked fine too. have 5:1 speaker setup

I rebuilt my PC and the motherboard now has HDMI on it and no spdif so thought this is great, less wires, so bought a new HDMI cable and connected it to the receiver.

problem lies here.

In stereo mode, music plays fine from PC to front two floor standers. but when I try to play in 5:1 it don't work. I go into windows 8 configuration and it recognizes the amp and when I test the speakers the center, rear 2 and sub make a noise but not the L/R speakers. Have no idea why this is not working. I tested it with the HDMI 1.4 cable and 1.3 and both have the same issue. Also tried testing it plugged into different HDMI inputs and this don't make a difference.

Please advise
I had a similar problem. I was only getting stereo sound. You can try to either Set Bass to LFE only. Or set your front speakers to small. It will then roll the lower frequencies over to sub at the crossover point you select.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts