AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! This is my first post to this forum, the reason I joined is because of people like Batpig who really go above and beyond to help people out!

Now down to the nitty gritty:

I own a Denon AVR-1910 that I purchased while I was Stateside. By the way, LOVE IT! Awesome all around HT Receiver. I am now stationed in Germany, and realized a major problem with this receiver...it has a massive power footprint. 660W total, that I have to supply through a transformer. I'm here because I've scoured the interwebs looking for some type of answer but have not found one.

Is there anyway possible to swap the power supply inside of the 1910 US version 120V receiver with a power supply that is either dual voltage or that is 220-240V? My main goal is to drop my 120 requirements, therefore my transformer requirements. Electricity in Germany is considerably more expensive than in the States...by A LOT!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and sorry if this was posted in the wrong spot...first time poster...kind of like being a tourist in a foreign country!

-Dom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help jdsmoothie, but unfortunately that company, just like World-Imports, only sell the items. They don't actually sell the parts for them. Called both of them and neither one could do anything but sell me a new one! Which of course is always an option, just hate to throw $500ish at something I already have one of, know what I mean.

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by x72Chevelle454x  /t/1415485/denon-avr-1910-power-supply-help#post_22128309

Hi everyone! This is my first post to this forum, the reason I joined is because of people like Batpig who really go above and beyond to help people out!

I own a Denon AVR-1910 that I purchased while I was Stateside. By the way, LOVE IT! Awesome all around HT Receiver. I am now stationed in Germany, and realized a major problem with this receiver...it has a massive power footprint. 660W total, that I have to supply through a transformer. I'm here because I've scoured the interwebs looking for some type of answer but have not found one.

Is there anyway possible to swap the power supply inside of the 1910 US version 120V receiver with a power supply that is either dual voltage or that is 220-240V? My main goal is to drop my 120 requirements, therefore my transformer requirements. Electricity in Germany is considerably more expensive than in the States...by A LOT!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, and sorry if this was posted in the wrong spot...first time poster...kind of like being a tourist in a foreign country!

Just to add to the correct information that JDSmoothie already provided:

(1) Changing the wiring or transformer inside the AVR isn't going to change its power usage.

(2) The AVR doesn't use the whole 660 watts unless it is playing very loud if then. It probably uses less than 50 watts most of the time

(3) When I lived in Germany I purchased a ca. 600 watt 240-120 step down transformer and it did the job with my US-standards receiver.

I ended up with a mixed system composed of German-standards turntable and tape recorder with US standards receiver and it all worked just fine.

·
Registered
12,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by x72Chevelle454x  /t/1415485/denon-avr-1910-power-supply-help#post_22128309

-Dom

This should work...

http://www.voltageconverters.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=ULT600

Just my $0.05... 👍😉

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear All,

A short question. I have a Denon AVR-1910 (8 yrs old) with a startup problem. The Startup relay keep "clicking" and the Denon is not powering up.
Input voltage is 220V (steady).

What can cause this problem? I was thinking about old capacitors on the power board.......or does anyone else have an other idea or can be the problem in another PCB/part of the amplifier

Hope anyone can help or have the electrical schematic for this unit.

Thanks a lot for your help
Jan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts