AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Denon AVR-1913 Integrated Network AV Receiverrunning my AV system – cable, DVD, internet connections, surround sound, etc. It has been working well since August 2012. However,it recently started going off-line at random times. I hear a distinct sound [ping] and the TV screenturns blue. I get the following messagein the lower right hand corner – “No signal. Check the external input or selectanother input using the INPUT button.” Ican reset the AV receiver using the ON/OFF button and it will work, sometimesfor a few minutes, sometimes for a few hours. It failed during the Katie Perry show at Super Bowl halftime, much to mygranddaughters’ dismay!
I took the unit to the vendor where I bought it and they ranit on a bench for three days, with various inputs, and were not able to duplicatethe malfunction. I have tries with newHDMI cables, but it doesn’t solve the problem. I hate to spend the money on another AV receiver if the Denon is not theproblem. Also, for the original cost ofthe unit, it seems that the unit should be repairable.
Any suggestions? Thanks...Peter

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an Denon AVR-1913 that does the same thing . . . even when no speakers, TV, Blu-Ray player, etc. are connected. Just the standalone box will intermittently turn off and go into protection mode after a while. I've had it serviced twice at an official Denon dealer who said it has never turned off for them. What was your solution? Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts