AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some expert opinions on these two recievers. I've been trying to decide on a reciever for a while and finally narrowed it down to these. They will be powering Klipsch rsx-5 for the front's, rsx-4's for the rear and a rw-12 sub. I using the system 70%music listening and 30% home theatre.

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757
I'm looking for some expert opinions on these two recievers. I've been trying to decide on a reciever for a while and finally narrowed it down to these. They will be powering Klipsch rsx-5 for the front's, rsx-4's for the rear and a rw-12 sub. I using the system 70%music listening and 30% home theatre.

Thanks for any input!
If you can wait until September, Denon is upgrading the AVR 2105 to AVR 2106 which will include XM radio. For more details on the spects, go to there website. If you don't want to wait or don't care about XM radio, then Marantz is the choice due music sounding smoother.

Just another note, I find Klipsch speakers to be a little harsh for classical, jazz, folk music, but great for the other type of music. If you not have bought the Klipsch speakers, then go for some thing like Paradigm, Energy, B&W, KEF, PSB, Infinity, or Polk Audio. They tend to be better for music.

·
Registered
67 Posts
PSW757,

If indeed you decide to wait, Marantz has also announced their new SR5600. You may want to check their website, or look for good deals on the 5500.

Regards,

Fernando

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.