AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to forum...

current setup upstairs:

50" plasma with 5.1 surround with all equipment in basement(cable, dvr, rcvr) and RF remote

Basement:

Going to put in a projector and run a 7.1 and take out the 5.1 upstairs.

Question:

Can I use the "other" channel of the multizone denon to power a soundbar while using the same receiver for the 7.1 downstairs. A Nothing fancy soundbar is fine, just need something for the family room as the plasma is in a frame.

Any thoughts ideas appreciated? Crap... now that i think about it I only have 1 HDMI ouptut....

·
Premium Member
93,175 Posts
The 2308 is only a 7 channel AVR so if you run 7.1 with it there are no channels left for the soundbar unless you add a 2CH external amp and connect it to the Zone 2 pre-outs on the 2308. Then connect the soundbar to the external amp. Otherwise, if you keep to a 5.1 setup in the basement, you can use the remaining 2 channels as Zone 2 to power the soundbar upstairs, keeping in mind that only "analog" audio will go to Zone 2 so you'll need to connect RCA cables from your sources in addition to the HDMI cables. You can use an HDMI splitter to split the video to both main and Zone 2, although you may need an HDMI extender to increase the signal strength.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.