AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this setup working perfectly, but i wanted to try splitting my hdmi signal to run my htpc to my normal setup + my second HD tv (which ended up messing up the picture and sound)

My setup:

Mitsubishi Hc 3800

HTPC with ATI 5670 graphics card

Denon AVR 2310

So anyways, I tried reconnecting the way i had it originally with the HDMI going from the HTPC to the DENON DVD input to The Projector. Unfortunately, the HTPC is not recongnized by any of the sources by the Denon ( i tried all of them).

Its also worth noting that i can access the GUI menu from the DENON to change the settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts
Try turning on the PJ first, then the 2310, then the HTPC, waiting a few seconds between turning on each device. You may also want to try doing an HDMI reset (ie. disconnect the HDMI cables while devices are on, then turn them completely off (not in standby), plug the HDMI cables back in, then power on in above sequence). If still no joy then try resetting the microprocessor (p. 70).

For more information about your 2310, join us in the Denon 2310 Owner's thread.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/20867627

Try turning on the PJ first, then the 2310, then the HTPC, waiting a few seconds between turning on each device. You may also want to try doing an HDMI reset (ie. disconnect the HDMI cables while devices are on, then turn them completely off (not in standby), plug the HDMI cables back in, then power on in above sequence). If still no joy then try resetting the microprocessor (p. 70).

For more information about your 2310, join us in the Denon 2310 Owner's thread.

Just tried it all, multiple times. Also just reinstalled my old Nvidia graphics card but im still having trouble recognizing the receiver. I'm using an old flat panel display for picture while i try and configure the graphics card. The problem is, i cant even get it to recognize the receiver/projector as a display device.

Also tried hooking it all up to my Samsung HD tv and that cant be recognized when hooked up to the receiver.

It's starting to look like there is something wrong with my receiver...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just another tidbit of info. I was looking into HDMI switches as a solution to my potential handshake problem and i realized something.

My setup was working today until i attempted to add an HDMI switch between the computer and the receiver.

I also tried again just now to reinstall the switch and when i plugged it in to the outlet, the switch emitted smoke... oopps... (despite the smoke the HDMI cables still work btw)

Anyway, thoughts, comments, criticism.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.