AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi like the title

Hi i use this thread for asking compares:

what is the best Denon 2310 or onkyo 707 ?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
The 1910 has the better video chip (ABT) and no preouts. The 707 has a worst video chip and does have preouts. Denon's generally have less issues than Onkyo. Onkyo's are easier to setup. Can't go wrong with either really.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought yestesterdqay and in the same day arrived the 2310.

Remote is worst.

Poor surrolund modes (only DPL mus/cin and DTS mus/cin)

virtual surr front is poor

features are good but GUI is slow

Power is good

Sound is very good (good bass - soft and very good mid and highs vbery smooth)

But is think i'm going to seel it and buy onkyo 707.

Is that a correct choice?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by plata90 /forum/post/18303910

I bought yestesterdqay and in the same day arrived the 2310.

Remote is worst.

Poor surrolund modes (only DPL mus/cin and DTS mus/cin)

virtual surr front is poor

features are good but GUI is slow

Power is good

Sound is very good (good bass - soft and very good mid and highs vbery smooth)

But is think i'm going to seel it and buy onkyo 707.

Is that a correct choice?

It seems that you a making a decision based on virtual surround modes and not on the sound quality/features of the receiver overall. That, to me, is a bad way to make a decision. IMHO, virtual surround modes aren't very good in most receivers and only useful when watching television programs without DD. If you are only using 2 or 3 front speakers with no rear/surrounds, then your choice is understandable.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK2 /forum/post/18304147

It seems that you a making a decision based on virtual surround modes and not on the sound quality/features of the receiver overall. That, to me, is a bad way to make a decision. IMHO, virtual surround modes aren't very good in most receivers and only useful when watching television programs without DD. If you are only using 2 or 3 front speakers with no rear/surrounds, then your choice is understandable.

what choice do you think?

i have a 5.0 configuration not upgradable.

I have had an onkyo 507 with wonderfull virtual sound (theatre dimensional).

I think selling both 5 speakers and denon 2310 and after buy a surround bar is not a smart think to do. So is better to buy a good av like onkyo 707: is a good choice? thanks

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Out of the box the Denon sounds different than the Onkyo. You can tweak the Denon to sound pretty much anyway you want. If you aren't a tweaker, take it back and get the Onkyo (which has a sound out of the box you are familiar with).

I am an Onkyo guy. I like the way they sound without tweaking. I also like Pioneer and Marantz out of the box. Denon makes a great AVR and if you put some time in you may get the results you want. Hit up the 2310 thread if you keep the Denon.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And what about Onkyo 707 vs Pioneer 1019AH-K ?

what are differences in audio? i know the 2nd hasn't audyssey but mcacc

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts