AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all -
I've researched this problem and haven't found anything helpful yet... I've had my AVR-2311CI and my current setup working for about three years, and recently have started having a problem when watching movies on AppleTV and Amazon FireTV. The receiver just shuts down, and the light ring around the power button flashes red. It seems like it happens mostly during louder parts of movies (e.g., loud car chase scene, gunshots.) I'm using high quality HDMI cables, and swapped them out to rule out problems with the cables/connections, but that didn't make a difference.

I appreciate any thoughts...

thanks,
Christina

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Hi, all -
I've researched this problem and haven't found anything helpful yet... I've had my AVR-2311CI and my current setup working for about three years, and recently have started having a problem when watching movies on AppleTV and Amazon FireTV. The receiver just shuts down, and the light ring around the power button flashes red. It seems like it happens mostly during louder parts of movies (e.g., loud car chase scene, gunshots.) I'm using high quality HDMI cables, and swapped them out to rule out problems with the cables/connections, but that didn't make a difference.

I appreciate any thoughts...

thanks,
Christina
Disconnect the speaker wires and see if operates normally. If not, unplug the power cord for about 15 minutes and try again. Hopefully, you saved the configuration, because the next step is to do a hard reset and that erases all of the settings. If that doesn't help, disconnect EVERYTHING and do it again. If it still doesn't help, it needs service. If you're in the Midwest, Electronic Express (Chicago, on Fabyan Parkway) is the authorized service center unless you bought it from a dealer who's authorized.

How much clearance does it have above it? If the shelf is directly on top of the AVR or it doesn't have much clearance, change that- these need good ventilation.

Look inside- if it has a lot of dust, clean it out and see if that helps.

There's a troubleshooting section in the manual, whether in paper form or online.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts