2 - Pionner FS51

1 - Pionner C21

2 - Pionner BS21

OR

2 - Infinity P253

1 - InfinityPC251

2 - Infinity P142

I dont care about networking.

What I really care is reliability. and sound quality.

Im leaning towards the denon bc of the the recently quality problems in onkyo products.

Its going to be use for an HTPC, 40% movies, 40% music and 20% games.

I really like to hear at reference vol. I have read that the Onkyo amp its more capable

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
They both have amplifiers with more power than you need for those speakers (the Pioneers are far better than the Infinity IMO, by the way).

The 709 has preouts on all channels should you ever want to add a power amplifier for the front channels; the Denon apparently does not. That could be a major issue some day down the road.

That would make me lean towards the Onkyo, if it were me.

None of them has 100% bullet-proof reliability. I have seen no authoritative statistics to make me think one is significantly more reliable than the other.

I think most failures are due to line voltage surges and can be prevented by plugging the receiver into an APC PRO 1500 or similar battery-backup UPS unit.

Buying one of those and plugging your receiver, DVD player, TV, and other electronics into it is a very wise $200 investment IMO. Besides protecting everything from surges due to power company switching transients and lightning, it keeps everything up and running for up to 20-30 minutes of outage.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But what about the quality issues in onkyo?

Besides the preouts, which other differences between the 2?

my preocupation about quality issues Is that I live In Vzla and if the receiver goes bad its hard for me to apply for warranty

·
Registered
28,741 Posts
Well don't get the Onkyo then if you're worried about reliability, too many issues over the past few years to give them a vote of confidence. You might also want to look at a Yamaha receiver as they seem to fare better than the Onkyos.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But yamaha dont offer audyssey netiher subwoofer eq.

And yes Im worried about Onkyo reliabilty.

I think I should get the denon.

BTW, the pioneers are really better that the Infinitys?

Which ones will sound louder?

·
Registered
28,741 Posts
Marantz and Denon are sister companies so the AVR-2312 and SR-5006 may share some of the same components. The Marantz will give you 7.1 analog inputs, preamp outputs for the front speakers and a Speaker B option. If those features don't matter to you save a little money and go with the Denon.

That Marantz does look cool though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts