AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello.

So i originally posted this questions a month or so ago when I bought my Xbox One. At that point we realized that dolby digial support still needed to be patch in and the problem was currently unsolvable.  As of yesterday Microsoft has patched the Xbox One and it can now support outputting Dolby Digital via HDMI and Optical.  So here's the question.

I've just bought an Xbox One and have set it up with my older Denon Receiver an AVR-2803 and Samsung TV (UN55F6300). This receiver came out just before HDMI and therefore my current setup is as follows.

Xbox one ---> HDMI cable ----> TV ---> Optical Cable ---> Receiver.

I was surprised to see that this mostly works with minimal configuration. I currently have stereo sound coming through all of my 5.1 speakers. I've entered the model for both my TV and Receiver into the Xbox and it is communicating because it turns both the TV and Receiver on and off appropriately. In Xbox settings when I try to change the HDMI audio signal (auto configure) to bitstream Dolby Digital there is an error and it suggests I ensure my receiver can handle this signal. (It definitely can)  When i manually setup the sound/video options and select bitstream Dolby Digital it allows it but the receiver and TV don't receive a Dolby Digital signal. I know this because if I go into the sound menu on my TV i can see and select the incoming signals. I only have options of PCM and DTS neo 2:5.  I know that I can pass a signal along this same pathway because I've sent a dolby digital signal from my WD Live TV through my TV to the receiver using the exact same pathway.

Any suggestions and help would be really appreciated. LANCE

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I don't know why I didn't think of that and try it before.  I've tried this now and it works fine.  The issue is clearly with forwarding the signal through the TV despite that I've done this previously with my WD Live TV.

While it's working by bypassing the TV I really don't want to keep it in the configuration. Due the the layout of my room I have a 35ft Digital Optical Cable running from the TV to the Receiver (Currently from Xbox One to receiver)  I this run other components through my TV and this means they currently have no sound and it's not easy to just run another cable because of the distance.  I'd really like to have everything running through the TV.

Hope this new info helps with the troubleshooting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts