AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've reset, unplugged, rebooted and yelled at my Denon AVER 3312 CI and it still keeps freezing over my network. No other device has this issue.

I'm wondering if Denon can increase the buffer through firmware and also clean out the buffer after use so there are no over-stack issues.

I'm wondering how after all the updates that this issue still is out there with so many 1000's of users.

Anyone know what might happen? Or will I just get "Fanboys" here?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
This problem occured out of the blue one day for me as well. What i have done is set my router as the dhcp server and given my denon a static ip and the gateway. Nothing on my network is set as dhcp server,having more than one seems to confuse things.My router also has dhcp reservation and i have added all clients on my network to the list. hope this helps

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the other devices on my network work well and there are many of them. My ONLY trouble is with the Denon. Thanks for the advice but even at a static IP I the Denon still freezes. Right now there is no solution. Denon really dropped the ball on this one.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Any solution work for you on this? this keeps occurring to my avr 3312 CI and my 5 month old is not happy he can't listen to pandora baby Einstein. Seems like it has been getting progressively worse over time. The latest even unplugging and plugging it back in seems to have hung USB/Net

·
Registered
929 Posts
I had a new 3312CI and I ended-up returning it for this very same reason. I called Denon tech support and got through to a second-level tech who basically admitted that Denon only really cared about AirPlay. The biggest problem with the 3312CI is using Network Standby; I had to yank the power cord to recover. Once I disabled that I had about 80% fewer problems. But it still didn't work correctly so I returned it.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsalsero  /t/1420421/denon-avr-3312-ci-keeps-freezing-on-usb-net#post_22654842

I had a new 3312CI and I ended-up returning it for this very same reason. I called Denon tech support and got through to a second-level tech who basically admitted that Denon only really cared about AirPlay. The biggest problem with the 3312CI is using Network Standby; I had to yank the power cord to recover. Once I disabled that I had about 80% fewer problems. But it still didn't work correctly so I returned it.

That's a shame as I just got a 4311 and am a Android user. I have no interest in getting an Apple setup just to use Airplay with the Denon.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the 3312CI and it's very frustrating. When you stream or use airplay it freezes every single time. It makes the unit useless to work in a home automation chain. I'm surprised there was never a class action or litigation as the unit is clearly defective. Even Denon admits it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts