AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Bose acousticmass 10-IV series speakers recently, now I need a excellent topnotch receiver. Am confused which one among these I have to buy- Denon 3312ci or Onkyo Tx-Nr809, Tx-Nr709.

I don't care abt price, but I need topnotch sound quality and Latest features.

Pls suggest me which one I have to buy.

I'll use my home theater for music-35%, game-40%, movie-25%.

·
Registered
319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/20916006

Bose Acoustimass speakers generally don't work well with Audyssey featured AVRs .. so none of the above is recommended. Your best bet is to exchange the Bose speakers and get another set of speakers.

You also may want to review this thread which asked the same question last month.

Isn't that a little extreme? How about non-Audyssey receivers like Yamaha, Pioneer, or Sony?

·
Registered
22,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraficionado /forum/post/20916501

Isn't that a little extreme? How about non-Audyssey receivers like Yamaha, Pioneer, or Sony?

nah... he cited "wants an excellent top-notch receiver"... he might as well return the speakers and get something better for the money he spent on them...

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
+ there's no telling what ohm rating those things have. Possibly for the money spent on the Bose system he/she can get much better for less money. At least then they will have a subwoofer. Spend more on the speakers and less on the AVR.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm not a big fan of Bose speakers myself, but I think this forum pushes D&M Holdings products a bit too much at times. It makes me uncomfortable when there are other good choices out there too.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I love Bose threads because you don't have to worry about getting in an argument. I would say Bose is the one topic that 99% of AVS agree on. If you are looking for small speakers I would recommend listening to the Paradigm Millenia Ones. I heard them recently and was very impressed especially since you get 5 of them for 1350. That's just one I would listen too as there are plenty off small speakers out there that sound much better than the Bose for the same price or cheaper. Pair them with a good subwoofer and you will have a top notch system. You could pair them with a cheaper receiver and still come out on top. The Bose will still be Bose no matter what receiver you use.

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraficionado
I'm not a big fan of Bose speakers myself, but I think this forum pushes D&M Holdings products a bit too much at times. It makes me uncomfortable when there are other good choices out there too.
The OP is the one here that mentioned the D&M Holdings products. It seems that everyone else has recommended that the OP get different speakers. I also recommend that. Get different speakers and go for a less expensive AVr. The Yamaha 867 and something different than the Bose speakers would be an excellent start.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaraficionado
well, as a long time pio pusher (and current d&m owner), there's a reason for that...

i agree though, there are many good choices out there...

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
People will usually recommend brands that they own or have had good experiences with. I've seen Onkyo, Denon and Yamaha recommended a lot because those are the more popular brands. Last year everybody was pushing the Pioneer 1120 because it was a nice receiver and was going for under 500. The main thing is looking at what people want and making a recommendation off that. I own a Denon 3311 so it would be easy for me to recommend them on every thread but I base my recommendations on what the OP needs as opposed to what I need. I have seen more recommendations lately for the Yamaha 867 than anything else because it's selling at a great price but the Pioneer SC35 has also gotten a lot of recommends lately as well because of great sale at Costco. I don't see a lot of recommendations for Marantz these days because it seems like you can get the same features and most of the same components from Denon for a cheaper price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts