Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

Just got my AVR-3803 receiver about a week ago, and it's . been working great, up until today.

All of a sudden, without making any config changes to the receiver, the speaker outputs are all screwed up. When I do a test tone from the setup menu, it spits out sound on the surround left speaker when it says it's outputting sound to the front left. It spits out sound on the surround right when it says its outputting sound to the front right. Nothing comes out on the center, and nothing comes out on the sub. I have my front speakers set to small, my surround As set to small, my sub to yes, and my surrond Bs to off. What in the world is going on? The same settings worked fine and tested out OK perfectly fine until today. I've already tried resetting the microprocessor on the receiver, but that didn't change a thing. Anyone see this before? ANy insight or tips would be greatly appreciated, i'm kind of freaking out after making such a large purchase only to have it act funky on me. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
654 Posts
Bummer! :(

If nothing has changed, wiring-wise, and the processor reset doesn't work (make sure you follow the procedure exactly) then the processor has developed a problem that may take a new unit to correct.

I have never heard of a Denon doing this...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I was afraid of. There aren't any other AVR-3803 owners out there that have heard or seen anything like this before? I really don't want to have to send this thing back in for repairs...

If I do end up sending it in for repairs, how quick is Denon in fixing this type of stuff? I have had it for less than 7 days as well, anyone know if they are pretty cool about replacing defective units with new ones? Or do they insist on repairing it? I did get my unit from an authorized dealer.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
check with your dealer. most likely they will exchange the unit if it's new.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn, I was really hoping someone else had seen this before and there was an easy fix. I guess I'll be calling Denon tomorrow. This really sucks. I've had this receiver 5 days, and now i'll be out a receiver for who knows how long...

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
I agree, if you bought it local, and that there is indeed something wrong with it. that I'd want it exchanged for a new one, and not to have it sent out to be repaired. Even if it was a online or mail order purchase, I would want it done that way on something that's only been 5 days in your possession.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.