AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just setup my new Denon AVR-3803 and have a few questions. Went through the (Setting up the System) with no problem, and I listened to a few CDs and DVDs and watched the TV. Now to use the remote, the operating instructions don’t explain the remote very well. It took me some time to realize you had to press AMP to be able to get back to the setup screen. In my fumbling I have lost my picture from my VCR, but I still have sound. So I hooked my VCR into VCR2 and I have pic and sound. I went back through the setup and rechecked everything, VCR1 is setup like VCR2. What have I missed?

Next, I’m not able to change the function of the receiver from DVD to VCR or back using the remote, but I can manually on the receiver. Do you have to Preset the memory for each component to switch functions with the remote?

Thanks for the help

Clayton

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm scratching my bald head on the VCR problem but the input switching seems easier. To switch inputs on the Denon, the remote needs to be in Amp mode. DVD input is then key #4. VCR 2 is key #8. Then you choose DVD or VCR or whatever from the upper keys to control the actual component.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.