AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the television finally gets delivered next week and hopefully the rear/side surrounds as well. these are the only components i've been waiting on to finish out my new HT.

so i'm anxiously awaiting powering up all of this stuff. i've bought the denon mic recommended for setting up the config. i won't be using the component video switching of the unit however. i've got a couple of questions about the setup:

1) i have 2 HDMI and 2 component video devices that i'll be hooking to the television directly. for the OSD i was just going to hook up an S-video or a composite connection to a spare input on the television. i assume i'll have to switch to that particular input on the television in order to see the on screen display?

2) is there anyting on the on screen display that i really need to see day to day once my system has been setup? my 4 video components will be connected directly to my television so i hope not.

3) when i go through the auto configuration using the mic, should i move my loveseat out of the way so that i can put my tripod to the exact listening location? or should i have the room be exactly as it will be when it's setup so that it accurately measures the acoustic signature of the room? should i be in or out of the room while the setup is going on? how long does it take? will it make my ears bleed?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sc0rp10n
well the television finally gets delivered next week and hopefully the rear/side surrounds as well. these are the only components i've been waiting on to finish out my new HT.

so i'm anxiously awaiting powering up all of this stuff. i've bought the denon mic recommended for setting up the config. i won't be using the component video switching of the unit however. i've got a couple of questions about the setup:

1) i have 2 HDMI and 2 component video devices that i'll be hooking to the television directly. for the OSD i was just going to hook up an S-video or a composite connection to a spare input on the television. i assume i'll have to switch to that particular input on the television in order to see the on screen display?

2) is there anyting on the on screen display that i really need to see day to day once my system has been setup? my 4 video components will be connected directly to my television so i hope not.

3) when i go through the auto configuration using the mic, should i move my loveseat out of the way so that i can put my tripod to the exact listening location? or should i have the room be exactly as it will be when it's setup so that it accurately measures the acoustic signature of the room? should i be in or out of the room while the setup is going on? how long does it take? will it make my ears bleed?
Answers to your questions:

1) Yes

2) No - seeing the volume every time you make an adjustment would be a distraction, IMO

3) I would leave the loveseat exactly where it will be, and if that's you seating position, shorten the tripod legs and position the mic where your ears would be. I generally leave the room when doing the eq (have done it about 10 times for various reasons) and no, the setup's test tones are not going to make your ears bleed! Suggest setting the crossover point before running the EQ if it's going to be different that the default setting of 80hz.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.