AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just got a Denon AVR-3805 It does have a remote.

1.can I just by a universal remote from like wal mart or does it have to be a special remote?

2.How can I manually change FM stations without a remote?

I have a PDF manual and it shows how to do pre sets but does say how to change stations without the remote.I'm just going to use it it listen to the stereo anyhow, so I don't need all the functions of the stock remote.

·
Registered
16,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddywoofdawg  /t/1471961/denon-avr-3805#post_23294703

1.can I just by a universal remote from like wal mart or does it have to be a special remote?

Yes, but a basic universal remote will not give you all the functions of the stock remote. More buttons is probably better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddywoofdawg  /t/1471961/denon-avr-3805#post_23294703

2.How can I manually change FM stations without a remote?

Good question. Without any stations preset, I do not know.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I've used Harmony remotes with a 3805 for many years and have never found a command lacking. However, I cannot say for sure that every command is in the Harmony database. It is possible that you would need the original remote in order to teach a command or two to the Harmony.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thanks, and I have the original remote, but did you use the $80 or $120 or $249 Harmony? I have a previous gen harmony in the $80 price range and it can not get everything from my TV or cable box (commands) so it has no chance with the complexity of the Denon.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I've used the 880 and the One, both in the $200 range. While I rarely use the original remote, it's not worth the effort to configure the Harmony for some system setup functions.

I'm not aware that the commands database is related to the remote model. So, I think you should be able to get every command with less expensive models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.