AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 863 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Denon AVR-4306 looks like the one I'm going to finally pick up after 2+ years of waiting. I was going to get the AVR-3806, but for an extra $700 or so, the AVR-4306 adds a few extra features that might be useful. At $1999, it should street for around $1400 or less hopefully (same as the $1999 Yamaha RX-V4600). This would be the start of my migration to HD. Still seems like a damn waste if you ask me as there is very little HD content :(. BluRay/HD-DVD doesn't look like it'll make Christmas either.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SledgeHammer
The new Denon AVR-4306 looks like the one I'm going to finally pick up after 2+ years of waiting. I was going to get the AVR-3806, but for an extra $700 or so, the AVR-4306 adds a few extra features that might be useful. At $1999, it should street for around $1400 or less hopefully (same as the $1999 Yamaha RX-V4600). This would be the start of my migration to HD. Still seems like a damn waste if you ask me as there is very little HD content :(. BluRay/HD-DVD doesn't look like it'll make Christmas either.

Where did you see this? it's not on the Denon's website.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
jheo:

If I were taking bets, I'd say ADI/WaveArts based on the price differential between the 4306 and the 4806. But that's just speculation on my part.

Best,

·
Registered
30,371 Posts
According to the info at Audioholics:

"Audyssey MultEQxt Room EQ and Setup (AVR-3806 and AVR-4306) includes microphone".

That's the same full blown (XT) verison of MultEQ (with up to eight position setup) that's currently available on the 5805 and 4806.

Best,

Sanjay

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani
According to the info at Audioholics:

"Audyssey MultEQxt Room EQ and Setup (AVR-3806 and AVR-4306) includes microphone".

That's the same full blown (XT) verison of MultEQ (with up to eight position setup) that's currently available on the 5805 and 4806.

Best,

Sanjay
I am afraid there are posts against MultEQ on 3806 at least. I remember some AVSer asking Denon to get a reply that 3806 can't have MultEQ because they don't use TI DSPs.

·
Registered
30,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheoaustin
I am afraid there are posts against MultEQ on 3806 at least.
What posts?

Sanjay

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheoaustin
I am afraid there are posts against MultEQ on 3806 at least. I remember some AVSer asking Denon to get a reply that 3806 can't have MultEQ because they don't use TI DSPs.
Well it sure looks like it does have MultiEQ, or at least it will according to the info now on audioholics.

http://www.audioholics.com/news/edit...06receiver.php

"Denon has released us to discuss some of the upcoming products including the new AVR-3806 and the AVR-4306 (surprise!) which bring several new technologies to market at price points unheard of to date. The items that will make you want to sit up and take notice include:

* HDMI switching (AVR-3806 and AVR-4306)

* Audyssey MultEQxt Room EQ and Setup (AVR-3806 and AVR-4306) includes microphone

* iPod Terminal and USB port (AVR-4306)

* IEEE 1394 (AVR-4306)

* Analogue to HDMI upconversion (AVR-4306)

* PC Setup and Control capability via RJ45 port (AVR-4306)

* New Hybrid EL Remote Control (AVR-3806 and AVR-4306)"

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
OK, so with the "xt" part of it. That probably means it has more like a version of MultEQ "lite" then........ ;)

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
XT is the top version that the 5805 has.

Unless it's case-sensitive.

Jeff, can you clear up which models have which versions?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
MultEQ has never officially been in any products yet, though I expect some are in line to show up on the market. The difference between XT and non-XT is the FIR complexity. The higher the FIR complexity, the more precise frequency response correction.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnla
Well it sure looks like it does have MultiEQ, or at least it will according to the info now on audioholics.

http://www.audioholics.com/news/edit...06receiver.php

"Denon has released us to discuss some of the upcoming products including the new AVR-3806 and the AVR-4306 (surprise!) which bring several new technologies to market at price points unheard of to date. The items that will make you want to sit up and take notice include:

* HDMI switching (AVR-3806 and AVR-4306)

* Audyssey MultEQxt Room EQ and Setup (AVR-3806 and AVR-4306) includes microphone

* iPod Terminal and USB port (AVR-4306)

* IEEE 1394 (AVR-4306)

* Analogue to HDMI upconversion (AVR-4306)

* PC Setup and Control capability via RJ45 port (AVR-4306)

* New Hybrid EL Remote Control (AVR-3806 and AVR-4306)"
I think the new thread about "3806" had some conflicting pieces of information. I think the information quoted from avland.co.uk for 3806 stated that 3806 would have i.link and ADI room EQ. One guy in that thread also said that he asked Denon on Audyssey on 3806, and Denon was said to have replied that TI DSP(s) would be need for MultEQ (XT?).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about where the 4306 will be available? According to a rumour it vill only be sold in USA and Japan. Hrmpf... it sounded to good to be true :| or is there a chance to get it Europe?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
This AVLAND page seems to claim that 4306 will not have MultEQ either, pretty disappointing. Does anybody know of some information saying otherwise?

1 - 20 of 863 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.