AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Im new to this forum and I am hoping that somone here can help with an issue that I have.

I am hooking up a Denon AVR-4306. I have the Zone 1 hooked up and configured to play the surround sound and that works fantastically.

According to the owners manual, you are suppose to be able to have two other zones, and with that be able to assign, say for instance a Zone 3 to use the Surround Back amplifier as a speaker level output to the other speakers for that zone.

I cannt seem to get this part to work. I have done the power amp assign to use the S.back as the zone 3 output, but I am not getting any power to those speakers. The speakers are in another part of the house and I know that they are wired (did a basic test with another amp so i know the speakers and wiring is fine).

I have done everything that the owners manual says to do and from the way that everything is hooked up, it should work.

Has anyone had a similar issue while setting up the 4306?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Sam's on the right track, I'll bet. Do you have analog L/R connections to the 4306 for the components you are trying to play? A quick way to check this is to set the Zone 3 input to tuner and tune a radio station - if you get sound, the receiver is working but your components (cd or DVD player) either aren't connected by analog or they aren't set up to output analog.

Hope this helps...

Mike

·
Registered
231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S /forum/post/0

What source are you trying to send to Z3?

AFAIK, you can only pipe analog L/R to a second/third Zone with Denon receivers.

No true, actually, at least with 4306

The quote from the manual (pg.62):

"If and only if the digital signal being input from the digital input (optical/coaxial) is a PCM signal, it is output from the ZONE2/ZONE3 audio output terminals"

As for the advice for Lytmup: don't forget to switch ON the ZONE3 with your remote!

- How did you configure the volume output for Z3: as fixed or variable ?

- And how do you use ZONE2 (you cannot use amplified outputs for both ZONE2 and ZONE3 simultaneously) ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not using Zone 2 at all.

Zone3 is just setup to be amp'd by the S.Back amplifier.

I dont read where you have to have analogue only to be used with Zone3.

TrueFan,

I dont see in the manual where it says to turn Zone3 on with the remote. Would yo mind pointing how thats done?

Also, I also dont see where using the speaker level out that it woudl require setting fixed or variable. I thought that would be for pre-out only?

·
Registered
4,662 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Fan /forum/post/0

No true, actually, at least with 4306

The quote from the manual (pg.62):

"If and only if the digital signal being input from the digital input (optical/coaxial) is a PCM signal, it is output from the ZONE2/ZONE3 audio output terminals"

Hmmm.. interesting! This may be the only Denon receiver that can do this. My 4806ci cannot do this, and it is the only drawback I find to the unit.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S /forum/post/0

Hmmm.. interesting! This may be the only Denon receiver that can do this. My 4806ci cannot do this, and it is the only drawback I find to the unit.

I don't know about other models but this one (4306) works indeed with digital inputs for Z2/Z3 - in my case DL3 and tosslink, alternatively.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lytmup /forum/post/0

TrueFan,

I dont see in the manual where it says to turn Zone3 on with the remote. Would you mind pointing how thats done?

Page 62 in the manual: shows you how to initiate the ZONE3 separately with the main unit and with the remote.

Remember that you can control ZONE3 volume with the remote only (!!!) - the main unit knob does not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lytmup /forum/post/0

Also, I also dont see where using the speaker level out that it woudl require setting fixed or variable. I thought that would be for pre-out only?

Page 77: Advanced setup ->Volume Control setup

Good luck and keep us posted with your progress

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Fan /forum/post/0

Page 62 in the manual: shows you how to initiate the ZONE3 separately with the main unit and with the remote.

Remember that you can control ZONE3 volume with the remote only (!!!) - the main unit knob does not work.

Page 77: Advanced setup ->Volume Control setup

Good luck and keep us posted with your progress

I appreciate the help. Ill try that and let you know how that turns out. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.