AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just got a Denon AVR-4308ci and is having problem with watching my directv through the HDMI port. I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but it tends to disconnect randomly. For example, when watching tv, the screen will go black and my Sony TV will spit up an error saying signal is lost. If I switch to DVD or any other source on the Denon receiver and then come back to the TV/SAT source then I get to watch TV again. Sometime it'll do this like every 5-10 minutes, other times I can watch for hours without any problems. Has anybody come across this problem before and know how to fix it?

I know for a fact the this problem is at the Denon 4308ci because I never had this problem until I switched to it. I was using the avr-3806 model without any problems. If I bypass the 4308ci then it'll work fine too.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the 4308ci and was having the same problem. I just bought an SC-57 and still have the same problem, so your issue might not be inherent to the Denon.

Last night I replaced my TiVo HD with a TiVo Premiere, and the problem appears to have vanished...at least using the 57. I don't know NTSC from PAL, but my money is on it being HDMI compatibility related. Just by process of elimination.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Try connecting the Directv box with component video and coax/optical and convert the output to HDMI. If there is a HDCP problem with between the box and the display when switching through the receiver this will make it go away.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
I've had the Denon AVR-4308CI since Jan-2008.

suggestions:

1) do a "hard reset"

if that does not fix it then

2) check to see if your firmware is latest, upgrade via hard cable not wireless.

lots of info here, http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=995566 , including "How to hard reset the 4308 receiver (Page 60 users manual):"

good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkthan /forum/post/0

I have the 4308ci and was having the same problem. I just bought an SC-57 and still have the same problem, so your issue might not be inherent to the Denon.

Last night I replaced my TiVo HD with a TiVo Premiere, and the problem appears to have vanished...at least using the 57. I don't know NTSC from PAL, but my money is on it being HDMI compatibility related. Just by process of elimination.

Posted too soon. The problem returned and is the same on the SC-57 and 4308ci. After numerous resets I found the only way to get the TiVo to appear was to unplug it. I had to do this same thing with the older model TiVo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts