AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a 4806 that has served me well until a lightning strike took it to the grave. I am struggling finding a unit to replace it. I will be using it set up in 7.1 and second zone set up for outdoor use. I would like a 3d ready unit with ARC and have a +- $3000.00 budget. I have been looking at the Pioneer sc 57 but not sure if i would be happy coming from the Denon. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony

·
Registered
112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyjba /forum/post/20831027

I currently have a 4806 that has served me well until a lightning strike took it to the grave. I am struggling finding a unit to replace it. I will be using it set up in 7.1 and second zone set up for outdoor use. I would like a 3d ready unit with ARC and have a +- $3000.00 budget. I have been looking at the Pioneer sc 57 but not sure if i would be happy coming from the Denon. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Anthony

Hello, I also have a 4806ci, and love it. I just recently purchased an SC-37 to replace a Yamaha 2600 in my family room, and I really love it. It runs cool, puts out plenty of power, and has excellent processing. You still might be able to find a great deal on an SC-37, but an SC-57 would be an excellent choice. Ultimately you need to try out whatever interests you and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant wait for Denon to come out with their new line to replace the 48 series. Correct me if I'm wrong but the 43 series amp section is a downgrade from the 48 series, I could be wrong.

If you just bought a sc37 and are happy and own a 4806 to compare it with that is what I was looking to hear as a positive for Pioneer

Thanks guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I hate that Denon waits so long to replace their high end models. I have owned 6 denons and it scares me to switch but they don't give much choice when their 2 high end models are based on models 6-7 years old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.