AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a call from the Denon Service Dept. yesterday telling me my AVR-5800 had arrived and was damaged beyond repair. Christina, the girl at the service desk told me, from the top the unit looks OK but the bottom looked like the belly of a pregnant woman and 3 of the circuit boards were broken. I shipped the unit by UPS to the NJ facility, I do have it isnsured and in now in the process of filing a claim with UPS. I contacted Jeff Talmadge of Denon to make him aware of the problem and he stated that Denon would try to help me with my claim. I received from Denon a new box and new packaging material to ship my receiver. Jeff told me that Denon would provide me with documentation that the unit was properly packed and the packaging material met proper specifications to ship this receiver. I have just found out mine is not the only unit that has been damaged by UPS, that has been shipped to the NJ facility for the upgrade. So if anyone else is going to send their AVR-5800 to Denon for the upgrade Beware Of UPS, pack the unit properly and of course insure it. If by chance you have a problem please e-mail Jeff to make him aware of it. "[email protected]". It's a damn shame to send your $3500.00 receiver in for an upgrade, to find out that it is now damaged beyond repair, because of Good Old UPS.

Scott

·
Banned
8,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Rigby
I received a call from the Denon Service Dept. yesterday telling me my AVR-5800 had arrived and was damaged beyond repair. Christina, the girl at the service desk told me, from the top the unit looks OK but the bottom looked like the belly of a pregnant woman and 3 of the circuit boards were broken. I shipped the unit by UPS to the NJ facility, I do have it isnsured and in now in the process of filing a claim with UPS. I contacted Jeff Talmadge of Denon to make him aware of the problem and he stated that Denon would try to help me with my claim. I received from Denon a new box and new packaging material to ship my receiver. Jeff told me that Denon would provide me with documentation that the unit was properly packed and the packaging material met proper specifications to ship this receiver. I have just found out mine is not the only unit that has been damaged by UPS, that has been shipped to the NJ facility for the upgrade. So if anyone else is going to send their AVR-5800 to Denon for the upgrade Beware Of UPS, pack the unit properly and of course insure it. If by chance you have a problem please e-mail Jeff to make him aware of it. "[email protected]". It's a damn shame to send your $3500.00 receiver in for an upgrade, to find out that it is now damaged beyond repair, because of Good Old UPS.

I say this as I said before, I blame Denon for these happenings. They should of had it set up so that authorized service centers could perform these upgrades locally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.