AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid questions, but how does the Onkyo receiver compare to the Denon? Both receivers are in a similar price range for me and that has me stuck on which one I should go with.

The PS3, TV, DVR, and HTPC will all connect to whichever receivers that I get.

Has anyone here used the headphone jack on either receivers? If so, how is it? I'm thinking of using a pair of Sennheiser HD600 or HD650 with the receiver when I can't use my speakers.

·
Registered
781 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider /forum/post/18143757

Stupid questions, but how does the Onkyo receiver compare to the Denon? Both receivers are in a similar price range for me and that has me stuck on which one I should go with.

The PS3, TV, DVR, and HTPC will all connect to whichever receivers that I get.

Has anyone here used the headphone jack on either receivers? If so, how is it? I'm thinking of using a pair of Sennheiser HD600 or HD650 with the receiver when I can't use my speakers.

dont know much about the onkyo, but i say denon over onkyo, period

·
Registered
196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyraw /forum/post/18147686

dont know much about the onkyo, but i say denon over onkyo, period

Well that makes sense.

·
Registered
29,311 Posts
You should comparing the Onkyo 607 against the 1910, both 7 channel receivers that do video upscaling. The 590/1610 should be compared to Onkyo's 5 channel receiver, the 507.

·
Registered
750 Posts
afrogt is correct. The 607 is a grade higher than the 1610.

If it was between the 1610 and the 507, I think the Denon would be the better choice - it has Audyssey MultiEQ, which is a step up from the 507's 2EQ.

On the other hand, You should take a look at the Onkyo HT-RC160 - pretty much same features as the 607 except it has 10 less wpc. You should be able to find it for about $350.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
The 1610 uses MultEQ vs. the 607's 2EQ. It also includes Dynamic EQ and Volume.

As for the 1910, I would take it over the 607 for the same reason. You need to go to the 707 to get MultEQ in the Onkyo line. The 1910 also uses the ABT video chip which is better than the chip in the 607.

·
Registered
781 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmanscott /forum/post/18147745

Well that makes sense.

if youre comparing an onkyo and a denon in the same range, i say denon, period

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.