AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

First time posting. I don't really speak the audio language so therefore I am struggling with inputs and such for my new Denon AVR 590. I have a few bugs I'm still working out. But the lastest one that is really buggin is last night I installed the new ipod dock ASD-11R and finally got it to play BUT the remote to the receiver is suppose to control normal funtions like play, skip and pause. I CAN'T GET IT TO RESPOND. I think I may have assigned incorrecty or input wrong. The batpig manual helped get me this far, but naturally I did not see any step by step instuctions for ipod related stuff. Probably because its so simple that they don't bother. But like I said I'm struggling. Can anyone help me to figure out what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

·
The Village Idiot
9,738 Posts
Make sure the Source Select button labeled ipod is pushed before attempting to input commands to the ipod. If you hit any other source button the remote will only operate that source.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

You mean on the remote where it says ipod. Press this button first then try to make a command. If this is what you meant I have tried it. I have the ipod quick select to 3. I have even tried pushing that. I think maybe I messed up a setting when I was setting up the ipod for the quick select 3. It should be so simple. But yikes I keep reading and reading the manual but can't figure out what I did wrong

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Knucklehead90,

I forgot to mention... I slid the slider control on the side of the remote control as well.

·
The Village Idiot
9,738 Posts
If you've made setting changes in the AVR that is preventing you from controlling the ipod you can reset the processor - be aware that this will change all settings back to factory defaults. Any personalized setting would be lost. You may wish to write them down so you can quickly restore them should you take this drastic action.

Not being an owner of this particular AVR I rely on reading the user's manual - and Denon manuals seem particularly cluttered.

·
The Village Idiot
9,738 Posts
Resetting the processor would reset Audyssey as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts