AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! When I turn on my AVR-590 the display shows 4 messages - "AV Surround; Receiver; Sat/Cable; H=HDMI13/D=Coax1". Then the display goes

off and the receiver shuts down. The standby button which was blinking

green when pushed to turn it on, goes to a rapid blinking red.

Connections seem to be ok. Unplugging didn't help. It has been working ok.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Michael

·
Registered
70 Posts
There are a few things that could be causing this to happen. The first thing you should do is check all the speaker wires connected to see if they might be touching each other somewhere. What you are describing sounds like there might be a short. Also, is the receiver well ventilated? What is happening is that it is protecting itself but shutting off.

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts
As noted above, the 590 is going in to Protection Mode due to some fault it perceives. The quick flashing red power light (as opposed to a slower flashing light) would indicate either speaker wires touching another terminal, driving 4 ohm speakers to loud, or amp failure.

For more information or questions about your Denon 590, join us in the Denon 590 Owner's thread .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. The speaker wires weren't the problem. Looks like

it's going back to Sonic Electronix (still under warranty, whew). Now I'm back to the old original problem of which one to get. The 591 is out of stock. Any

suggestions? [Sorry-I know that question is constantly being asked but

thought I'd give it a shot].

Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts