AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am very new to this and maybe i should have done a lil more research before i made the receiver purchase (i have 30 days to try it out)

so i hooked it all up... and im not getting anything out of the speakers

but the sound still comes from the TV speakers. im using an HDMI cable to go from my direcTV box to the receiver and then another HDMI cable to the tv.

im getting picture on the tv as well as sound from the TV, but why arent i getting sound from the bose speakers? i wired it as the bose manual says to and everything appears to be correct. i believe the input selection on the receiver is also correct.

is there something else i need to buy? i have a feeling its because the receiver only has hdmi-passthrough (same as hdmi switching?!) and so i would be better off with a higher end receiver that has hdmi-repeater?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
okay so i just figured it out. did a bunch of searching but finally!

looks like ill need to run some fiber audio cable and/or digital audio coax in addition to the hdmi cable to get sound not only from the TV but from my surround sound speakers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.