AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, newbie here. looking for some help.have a denon avr 789 hooked up with hdmi;s to tv, bluray,cox cable dvr box(passthrough).I listen to the television through the receiver. For the past month, when i turn the tv on, i get normal video,but no sound initially. It will sometimes take anywhere from 5 minutes to as long as 1 hour for the audio to come on.it only does this on tv and blu ray. i have no delay with tuner.nothing out of the unordinary lights up on the display panel.once its on its fine,never cuts out.PLEASE any help would be appreciated.denon customer service was no help. Thanks

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cowboys  /t/1421551/denon-avr-789-help#post_22244358

Hello, newbie here. looking for some help.have a denon avr 789 hooked up with hdmi;s to tv, bluray,cox cable dvr box(passthrough).I listen to the television through the receiver. For the past month, when i turn the tv on, i get normal video,but no sound initially. It will sometimes take anywhere from 5 minutes to as long as 1 hour for the audio to come on.it only does this on tv and blu ray. i have no delay with tuner.nothing out of the unordinary lights up on the display panel.once its on its fine,never cuts out.PLEASE any help would be appreciated.denon customer service was no help. Thanks

If you didn't change the system, it changed by itself. That is known as becoming broken. It could be as simple as a loose cable.

Unplug and replug all of your HDMI cables for a quick start.

Your description of your system is not clear to me.

Does the receiver switch the video inputs or does the TV?

Or, is the receiver hooked up to a digital audio output on the TV? Both options can work. One might be more reliable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts