AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Denon AVR-790 amp used in conjunction with a Sony Bravia KDL-40XBR7 & Direct TV HD box. All was working well until recently. All compontents are connected to Avr-790 via HDMI and then I have a single HDMI cable going to TV. The problem is is Audio is now not working. I also have a Sony DVD player and no Audio from it either. When I go into the manual setup for the amp and select HDMI Setup - when I choose TV, the Audio plays from the TV, so I know it not the Direct TV box. What settings do I need to check on the Amp to find the issue? Could it be a bad cable? No one changed any setting and no power surges. Obviously I have the device input set correctly. Any help would be appreciated. The system is new within last 4 months.

· Registered
9,817 Posts
Welcome jamiepsa, the issue described could simply be an HDMI handshake issue.

Try some these HDMI Reset procedure posted by jdsmoothie:

1. While all HDMI devices are on, disconnect HDMI cable from TV

2. Turn off power to all devices (not in standby; also unlug your TV for a few minutes so it resets)

3. Disconnect all HDMI feeds at both ends [NOTE where they go back]

4. Wait 2 minutes

5. Reconnect all HDMI cables

6. Plug the TV back in, apply power to TV, then AVR, then HDMI component

Another option beside the above mention procedure since cable boxes often don't play well with receivers. Option to work around this is to go HDMI from the box to the TV with an optical cable to the 790.

For more info or questions on your 790, visit the 1910/790 Owners Thread .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.