AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ran the Audyssey setup like 5 times. Every time I run it, it sets my sub distance farther then it is. It will also set my sub at -12. So I would turn the gain down on it, and reran the setup. Same results. So I just left all the way it was except manualy adjusted sub to my liking. Now if I shut the receiver off,and turn it back on, the sub goes back to the same settings that audyssey calibrated. I have turned audyssey off and made changes and then turned it back on. Restarted Receiver, Same Results. What am I doing wrong. Or is this normal. Also same goes for my speaker size (small and large). I see in the manual setup they are small and under the auto setup they are large. What do I need to do. Thanks and Sorry its kinda confusing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im hitting the menu button on remote, then under the manual setup I change the settings. Under the Auto setp I can view the settings audyssey set but cant change them. Under the Manual setup, I can adjust to what I want. The settings will remain that way till I shut off. Then when I turn it back on everything is back to the audyssey settings.

·
Registered
30,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatpat /forum/post/19603455

I just ran the Audyssey setup like 5 times. Every time I run it, it sets my sub distance farther then it is.

Normal and correct. The "distance" is the equivalent of the signal delay through the sub and that includes both the physical distance and the transit time through the circuitry.

Quote:
It will also set my sub at -12. So I would turn the gain down on it, and reran the setup. Same results. So I just left all the way it was except manualy adjusted sub to my liking. Now if I shut the receiver off,and turn it back on, the sub goes back to the same settings that audyssey calibrated. I have turned audyssey off and made changes and then turned it back on. Restarted Receiver, Same Results. What am I doing wrong. Or is this normal.

Yes. You should put the gain on the sub itself all the way up so that Audyssey will be able to set channel gain properly (0 +/- 6dB).

Quote:
Also same goes for my speaker size (small and large). I see in the manual setup they are small and under the auto setup they are large. What do I need to do. Thanks and Sorry its kinda confusing.

Set them to small after Audyssey has done its thing. All explained in the official Audyssey thread here on AVS.

·
Registered
9,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatpat /forum/post/19603756

Im hitting the menu button on remote, then under the manual setup I change the settings. Under the Auto setp I can view the settings audyssey set but cant change them. Under the Manual setup, I can adjust to what I want. The settings will remain that way till I shut off. Then when I turn it back on everything is back to the audyssey settings.

After making the changes and before backing out, did you hit the "OK/ENTER" button at the end?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/19603846

Normal and correct. The "distance" is the equivalent of the signal delay through the sub and that includes both the physical distance and the transit time through the circuitry.

Yes. You should put the gain on the sub itself all the way up so that Audyssey will be able to set channel gain properly (0 +/- 6dB).

Set them to small after Audyssey has done its thing. All explained in the official Audyssey thread here on AVS.

Thanks for replies. Now you say to turn gain all the way up. I have read to turn it down if it was at max cut -12 and turn it up if at max boost +12 . Or do I got it backwards. Im a newbie at this stuff.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin /forum/post/19603905

After making the changes and before backing out, did you hit the "OK/ENTER" button at the end?

Yep i manually enter them after audyseey and hit okay. It takes me back out one level on the menu. The settings stay that way till I shut off receiver. When I turn back on they default back to audyseey settings.

Should I be able to change the settings under the auto setup menu after audyseey? Under the Manual setup it shows my speakers as all small, but under auto setup it shows my fronts as large. Thanks for any more help. Sorry Im a newbie to all this stuff. I have read the Audyseey guide, and got a little more info.

·
Registered
30,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatpat /forum/post/19603943

Thanks for replies. Now you say to turn gain all the way up. I have read to turn it down if it was at max cut -12 and turn it up if at max boost +12 . Or do I got it backwards. Im a newbie at this stuff.

Oops. Brain fart on my part. Yes, if Audyssey is setting it at the -12dB stops, turn it down on the sub!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/19604007

Oops. Brain fart on my part. Yes, if Audyssey is setting it at the -12dB stops, turn it down on the sub!!

Alright, Thanks for the reply. I guessing im learning some. What might I be doing wrong with the other problems!! Thanks

·
Registered
9,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatpat /forum/post/19603955

When I turn back on they default back to audyseey settings.

Should I be able to change the settings under the auto setup menu after audyseey? Under the Manual setup it shows my speakers as all small, but under auto setup it shows my fronts as large. Thanks for any more help. Sorry Im a newbie to all this stuff. I have read the Audyseey guide, and got a little more info.

Are you looking at the Auto Setup > Parameter Check to see about you adjustments?

The information showing (under Auto Setup > Parameter Check) is what Audyssey measured and the readings does not change with manual adjustments. Any changes you make will automatically take effect and override the setting determined by auto setup.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin /forum/post/19604403

Are you looking at the Auto Setup > Parameter Check to see about you adjustments?

The information showing (under Auto Setup > Parameter Check) is what Audyssey measured and the readings does not change with manual adjustments. Any changes you make will automatically take effect and override the setting determined by auto setup.

Yep Under Auto Setup, then Parameter Check it shows Speaker Config Check, under here it shows Large. Chanel Level Check it shows sub at-12 . Crossover Freq. Front Full, Center 80, Surround 60 and S. Back 80.

So anything I put in Manual will override the Audyseey information. If I leave Menu. Hit Ch Level on Remote it shows the sub as -12 after I shut off receiver and turn back on. So why would it be doing that if I manually entered a level. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Thanks for the replies everyone. I couldnt figure out my problem so I called and talked to someone at Denon. It was a quick fix to my problem. I just thought I would let you all know what the deal was.

When you switch inputs with the quick select buttons they also keep settings such as channel levels and volume, as well as change inputs. So all I had to do was choose input change the sub level I wanted and press and hold that quick select button for 3 seconds and it remembered the levels. You have to do it for each quick select button. Im sure you all probably were aware of this but if not I hope I helped out. Thank Again for your help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.