AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably going to pick up the AVR-887 however after reading some reviews on Circuit City I came across a small nugget of information that caused a bit of concern, namely that the Motorola DVR box won't work via the HDMI switch on the 887. This would be a deal breaker for me (and I assume for most Comcast customers interested in the 887. Can anyone provide me some input on this?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Purely Comcast's fault for not pushing out firmware updates to the DVR boxes. Head over to the HDTV recorders thread for more specific info on firmware versions of the Comcast DVRs.

Some have reported that the new versions of firmware DO allow HDMI switching to work.

The near term/immediate solution is to use component cables.

·
Registered
701 Posts
My Motrola 6412 now works with the Denon 2807. About 6 months ago I had a Yamaha 1600 and it wouldn't work. Cox was supposedly waiting on a firmware fix. Apparently the fix has been pushed out to my DVR.

I still use component from my DVR to Denon 2807 though. Then HDMI from receiver to display. The 2 HDMI inputs are reserved for HD DVD and Blu-ray.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.