AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I currently have a Denon AVR-891. I previously had a Denon AVR-3808 that I sold and now regret. If I could find another AVR-3808 for a decent price I would grab it in a heartbeat but I have not been able to find one so instead I am looking at either an Onkyo 809 or the now discontinued Pioneer Elite vsx-94txh. My questions are, would going from my current Denon AVR-891 to either the Pioneer Elite vsx-94 or the Onkyo 809 be a significant upgrade in SQ? Which would you guys go with? My speakers are Def Tech's and I do not have a need for 3d. Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 /forum/post/20713067

Ok so I currently have a Denon AVR-891. I previously had a Denon AVR-3808 that I sold and now regret. If I could find another AVR-3808 for a decent price I would grab it in a heartbeat but I have not been able to find one so instead I am looking at either an Onkyo 809 or the now discontinued Pioneer Elite vsx-94txh. My questions are, would going from my current Denon AVR-891 to either the Pioneer Elite vsx-94 or the Onkyo 809 be a significant upgrade in SQ? Which would you guys go with? My speakers are Def Tech's and I do not have a need for 3d. Thanks in advanced!

Did you check here. Below. Depends also what is a decent price to you for that model. Good luck.

http://www.dakmart.com/Audio-Home-Au...duct_info.html

·
Registered
2,684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 /forum/post/20713067

Neither will be big improvement in sound quality. The Onkyo has MultEQ XT so thats probably the biggest difference in terms of sound quality. I went from a 3310 with MultEQ to a 3311 with XT and I found it to be a noticeable difference but nothing huge. Dialog improved for movies a little bit and music seems to be a little crisper. Some of the differences could be placebo but I feel like there was an improvement. If I didn't need HDMI 1.4, I wouldnt have upgraded just to get XT. The power difference will probably not be noticable but it depends on how effecient your def techs are and how big the room is.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.