AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Receiver is about 3 years old but when I turn the volume up or down, all the speakers "crackle" in my 5.1 setup, besides the sub . Once I stop adjusting the volume it sounds fine, any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
55 Posts
The crackle is usually dust or oxidization on the coil of the pot that makes the wiper jump off contact with it. The easy and possibly temporary fix is to turn of device and turn the pot a bunch of times to push the dust away.

The hard fix is to clean the pot with Deoxit. Use the 5% spray, and follow up with the a squirt if the 100% spray. If you do this it will cost you a lot and the pot will never have the same feel when you turn it, because the Deoxit would have removed the grease in the pot that gives that little bit of resistance when you turn it.

If it was me I would try seeing how much mileage I got out of just giving the pot some quick turns back and forth.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.